Monday, January 25, 2010

Hot Wings Pizza


I know what you are thinking....hot wings and pizza? Together? Trust me, it's good! There is a little place in Rexburg, Idaho called Craigo's. They make all kinds of delicious and funky pizza's and their spicy hot wings pizza is my favorite. Since we are budget and time conscious people, here was my attempt at copying their pizza and my husband and his friend devoured it and decided it was a must have! I cheated big time while making this, so feel free to out do yourselves if you want to do everything from scratch. I didn't!

1 pre made pizza crust

Sauce:
1 cup Frank's hot sauce (the normal red stuff...brand is important here!)
3/4 cup sugar

mix together, heat in the microwave a minute so that the sugar dissolves, then spread on pizza crust leaving a little bit to drizzle on top of the chicken.

Toppings:
breaded chicken pieces (I cut up enough defrosted chicken nuggets to cover the crust..it worked perfectly!)
thinly sliced red onion
Thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
Cheese to cover pizza (we used a combo of cheddar and pepper jack because that was what we had)

Spread your sauce, add your toppings, drizzle a little bit of sauce over each chicken piece, top with cheese, and bake according to the directions on your pizza crust. Ours cooked at 400 degrees on the pizza stone for about 10 minutes. We served it with lots of celery sticks and ranch (to cool down the spice from the sauce), or anything else you think is appropriate for such a combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment