Monday, January 4, 2010

Alaskan Halibut with Lemon and Herbs

This looks a lot fancier than it really is. I think I adapted this recipe from Paula Deen, hence the butter. It is quick, yummy, and costs about as much for two as it would one at a restaurant. I over-cooked my asparagus, so I left it in the bokeh of the picture..



Alaskan Halibut with Lemon and Herbs

2 Alaskan Halibut fillets (about 6 oz, I got mine at Market Street)
1 lemon
fresh rosemary, sage, and thyme
Garlic salt
Season All (optional..but it really adds a nice kick)
2 T butter
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400.

Place fillet's on a sheet of aluminum foil and sprinkle them with salt, pepper and other seasonings. Then put a tablespooon of butter on each fillet and top with herbs. Slice the lemon and place slices on fillet, squeeze the rest of lemon juice over them.

Wrap and seal all ends of foil and put in the oven for 15-20 min, checking periodically to see if cooked through.

(It's tricky finding the harmony between your oven and the fish, sometimes I end up overcooking because my fish is slightly thinner than the last time I made this meal, or the fish just FEELS like being overcooked. It takes time to find the perfect amount of time..so checking it is a MUST..)

No comments:

Post a Comment