Monday, January 25, 2010

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas and Bean Salad


This is a spin on the traditional (Mormon) chicken enchiladas with corn and cream of chicken. This is really tasty. I'd write the recipe, but I think I'll just put the link to the Martha Stewart page where I got the recipe instead. Don't skimp on the cheese:

I have a hard time thinking of sides to go with Mexican food. Especially a vegetable side. I decided to go for a bean salad which turned out pretty tasty.

Bean Salad:

1 can garbanzo beans
1 can black beans
1 can northern beans
1 can cut green beans
1 can white corn
1/2 red onion
Fresh cilantro
Dressing (I totally winged it on the proportions, so good luck:

Red wine vinegar
Canola oil
Fresh lime juice
Dijon Mustard
Celery seed (because I had some)
Pepper (enough salt in the canned beans)


The food went over well. One of my guests told me I needed to teach his mother how to cook. a high compliment I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment