Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Healthy, and Delicious Spaghetti

I know- I died off there for awhile. But I'm back, and I hope you are all still there, still reading, and still posting! I started working out today. I ran 2 miles on the treadmill and swam some laps. I realized how out of shade I was when I got so exhausted hiking to the trailhead of Mt. Olympus. When 6 years ago, I summited the thing. So in efforts to "Get healthier" I thought I should put good food into my body.

I made this spaghetti up- and it was really good. Husband approved.


1 lb ground turkey
2 c. spinach
1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
1/4 white minced onion
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
dash of pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 T Italian seasonings (the dried kind, sitting in your spice cabinet)
1 can Hunts tomato sauce
1 can stewed tomatoes

Spaghetti noodles

While you boil the water for the noodles, saute the onions, mushrooms and garlic with a dab of butter. After they have browned and simmered, move them to a separate bowl. In another pot of water, steam spinach. Put the ground turkey in the saute pan, and brown. Add the mushroom mixture and italian seasonings, along with salt and pepper. Drain the spinach, and stir it into pieces and add it to the saute pan. Pour in the tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes and let simmer so flavors can develop.

Drain spaghetti, and top with the healthy, delicious sauce.

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment