Thursday, July 28, 2011

Beef it Up.


So this is the traditional beef stew... it is a husband pleaser. I'm not a stew fanatic, but it is a hearty meal. Not to mention- super easy (if you have a crock pot.)
I don't have a "result" photo, but I bet you guys can use your I M A G I N A T I ON to picture what it looks like.

Beef Stew

2 lbs Beef Round cut into 1" cubes (salt and pepper)
1 lb small round potatoes (the itty bitty ones, so you only have to halve them)
16 oz baby carrots
16 oz chopped celery
1 can of Condensed French Onion Soup (Campbell's)
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 T. Worcestershire sauce

2 T. of corn starch whisked in with 4 T. water (for LATER)

Mix all the meats and vegetables with the soup, 1/2 C. of water, and worcestershire sauce. Cook in crock pot on LOW for 5 hours, then add the cornstarch mixture and cook on high for another half hour.

Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Tasty, tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment